South Africa Trip Wish List
3/6/22 South Africa Trip update: Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thanks to so many generous donors, ALL our Wish List items have been purchased! Suitcases are packed, and Amy is getting ready for the trip. Stay tuned for updates soon.
In March, Amy will once again be heading to South Africa to visit Ubuntu’s partner organizations. In preparation, we have asked each of them to provide a list of their current, most-needed items. We invite you to share in the journey by helping us fulfill these “wish lists” in one of three ways.
Donate used items
* gently used cleats (men’s US sizes 7.5 to 9.5) for Axium Education sports programs;
* gently used sneakers (men’s US sizes 6 to 9) for Beth Uriel residents;
* used, unlocked iPhones or tablets for Sihamba Sonke;
* used iPad Pro for Axium Education
If you have any of these to donate, contact Amy to coordinate. (Deadline for these items is March 4.)
ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN PURCHASED! Purchase items on our Amazon Wish List
Our Wish List is here. Please be sure to include a message so we know whom to thank. Select Ubuntu Global Connections as your AmazonSmile charity of choice to have your donation help even more. (Please be sure to order with enough time for these items to arrive by March 4.)
Make a cash donation
* $25 – Provides a bonus for one teacher at Zithulele Independent School (9 teachers, 2 administrators)
* $50 – Provides 4 children’s books for the Zithulele Independent School and Jabulani libraries (10 sets of 4 needed)
* $100 – Provides a used iPhone or tablet for Sihamba Sonke students (10 needed)
* $150 – Provides all expenses for one person to be served by Jabulani’s Rural Ability Programme for a year (500 people in the program). Read about the program here.
* $250 – refurbished iPad Pro for Axium Education (1 needed)
* $300 – Allows one child to attend Jabulani’s Khanyisa Preschool for a year (35 children in the program). Read about the program here.
Once these most immediate needs are met, we will apply donations towards:
* a $400 security gate to keep computers safe at Zithulele Independent School; and
* a $6,000 project to build a second classroom for Jabulani’s Khanyisa Preschool.
From all of us at Ubuntu Global Connections and our partner organizations, thank you for any help you can provide and for making this a successful trip.